(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
June 26, 2011
Left Plans Stir against Corruption, July 15-21
THE Left parties decided to conduct a countrywide movement against corruption and to demand immediate measures to curb corruption in all spheres of public life. The Left parties’ platform against corruption includes:
1) Adoption of an effective Lokpal legislation.
2) There should be a National Judicial Commission to curb corruption in the high judiciary.
3) Stringent action against the rampant corruption fostered by the big business-politician-bureaucratic nexus which has led to scandal such as the 2G spectrum case.
4) Implementation of electoral reforms including introduction of proportional representation system to check money power in elections.
5) Steps to unearth black money and repatriation of the illegal money stashed abroad.
In order to get these demands implemented, the Left parties will launch a movement from July 15-21, 2011 all over the country. In this week-long movement, the Left parties will picket central government offices, hold demonstrations, dharnas and rallies etc.
Left parties will hold a demonstration in
The signatories to the statement were Prakash Karat of the CPI(M), A B Bardhan of the CPI, Debabrata Biswas of the AIFB and Abani Roy of the RSP.