(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
May 16, 2010
Nationwide Campaign against Anti-Farmer Policies
Committee of the All India Kisan Sabha met in
1. To have a nationwide campaign in June 2010 to expose the UPA government’s anti-farmer policies like the pro-monopoly Seeds Bill and Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India (BRAI) Bill, Indo-ASEAN free trade agreement, the decontrol of fertiliser prices and shift to nutrient based subsidy and cuts in fertiliser and food subsidies.
campaign across the country against the
Maoist-Trinamul violence and killings of workers of Left and democratic
3. To hold programmes across the country to commemorate the 75 Anniversary of the foundation of the All India Kisan Sabha culminating on April 11, 2011.
4. To organise a workshop of North Indian states/Hindi Speaking states on June 26 and 27 to identify specific problems in these states and take up an intense campaign and massive protest action based on the demands.
5. The CKC condemned the utter indifference of the UPA government to the suffering of the masses who have been reeling under sky-rocketing prices of food and essential goods. It sought for remunerative prices for farmers’ produce with effective procurement and a complete ban on futures trading in food grains.
6. The CKC strongly condemned the compromising of our sovereign rights over biological resources by exempting 190 items from the purview of the Biological Diversity Act. It also passed a resolution congratulating the Left Front in Tripura for having won a record victory in the Tripura Tribal Autonomous District Council by securing all 27 the seats.