(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
October 18, 2009
MEETING on the morning of
October 13, 2009 at the
Muzaffar Ahmad Bhavan, the Bengal Left Front finalised the list of Left
candidates for the by-elections scheduled for November 7 in
Nine of the 10 seats fell vacant when the incumbent members won Lok Sabha seats. Of these, the Left Front held 2, Trinamul Congress 5 and Cong 2. One constituency fell vacant following the passing away of the late Comrade Subhas Chakraborty, i.e., Belgachia east in Kolkata.
Name of Constituency Candidate Party
1. Kalchini (ST) Benoy Bhusan Karketta RSP
2. Rajgunj (SC) Dhanapati Roy CPI(M)
3. Goalpokhar Ali Imran Ramj FB
4. Sujapore Mohd Esar-ud-din Mondal CPI(M)
5. Bongaon Pankaj Ghosh CPI(M)
6. Belgachia east Ramala Bhattacharya Chakraborty CPI(M)
7. Alipur Kaustav Chatterjee CPI(M)
8. Serampore Prasanta Mukherjee CPI
9. Contai (SC) Satyendra Nath panda CPI
10. Egra Prabodh Chandra Sinha DSP
Biman Basu, who chaired the meeting, later told reporters that a small booklet would soon be published and circulated widely as the ‘Appeal’ of the Left Front to the voters of the concerned assembly seats. The district Left Front units would finalise the joint campaign very soon following meetings of the respective units.
Biman also announced several programmes to be held in the forthcoming weeks and months.