(Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)
July 27 , 2008
Ten Parties To Launch A
Joint Nationwide Campaign
The BSP, TDP, CPI(M), CPI, FB, RSP, JD(S), RLD, INLD and JVM met at the residence of UP chief minister Mayawati today and issued the following statement on July 23, 2008:
THE UPA government may have won the vote in the Lok Sabha yesterday but has lost the trust of the nation in the immoral manner in which it has engineered this win. The Manmohan Singh government has lost its moral authority.
All the political parties present decided to launch a joint national level campaign on pressing issues before the people:
1. Against the relentless price rise
2. On Agrarian distress leading to farmer’s suicides
3. Against the Indo-US nuclear deal
4. Against the communal forces
5. Against gross misuse of government institutions like CBI and others for political purposes.
For the purpose of launching and conducting this nationwide campaign a committee has been constituted.